When to use
One of the ways to access account info, synchronize notes, create new notes, perform searches, etc.
- Back / Forward
- Account. The drop down menu that appears when you click a little arrow next to your account name allows you to:
- Switch to another Evernote account or add a new account
- Sign out from the current Evernote account or all of the accounts
- Access your account info
- Sync button. This button allows you to save any changes you made to your notes, notebooks, tags, and searches. The process of synchronization is the process during which your notes, notebooks, tags, and searches get copied to Evernote’s servers and then back down to all of your devices. Thanks to this process you save any changes made to your information stored in Evernote and don’t loose any information created or added to Evernote while you were not connected to the Internet or when using different devices. You might notice that every time you add or modify information in your Evernote or when logging into Evernote after working offline, the sync button arrows start spinning and turn blue while the sync is happening. When it’s over the buttons go back to dormant gray. Evernote sync happens automatically, so you don’t need to worry about remembering to do it. However, if you want to, you can manually initiate sync by clicking the sync button.
- New Note button allows you to create new Notes. As soon as you have more than one Notebooks, the New Note button also allows you to choose in which Notebook to create a new Note.
- Search Bar allows you to perform searches.
You can customize the Toolbar or hide it.
To customize your Toolbar, go View > Customize Toolbar. You can drag the default set into the toolbar (the bottom option) or select individual items. To add individual items to your Toolbar drag them onto the Toolbar; to remove them—drag them off.
In addition to the item available in the default view, you can also add:
- Activity button. This button shows if you have any reminders. It will pop up on your Toolbar automatically the moment you have a Note with a reminder.
- New Chat is a shortcut to start a conversation with another Evernote user or share a Note.
- Space and Flexible Space buttons.
Last, but not least, none of the Toolbar items are mandatory. You can have as few or as many as you’d like. You can even hide your Toolbar altogether.
To hide your Toolbar go View > Hide Toolbar.
Lesson notes are only available for subscribers.