When to use
The Sidebar (also referred to as the Left Panel) shows you the broadest level of categorization of your Evernote documents.
What you see on the Sidebar are:
- Shortcuts - In this area you can drag any Notes, Notebooks or Tags to which you want quick access. If at any point you want to remove an item from Shortcuts, right-click and choose “Remove from Shortcuts” option.
- Recent Notes
- Notes, Notebooks, and Tags icons serve as shortcuts to respective lists.
- Atlas organizes your Notes by geographical location where they were created. For the most part all Notes carry geographical location data. That’s the data that Atlas uses to “display” your Notes on a map.
- Upgrade option—a handy shortcut to upgrade if/when you want to upgrade
- Recent Chats shows you the name of the person(s) you chatted with last. It also shows you notifications about received, but unread chats.
- Work Chat gives you quick access to Evernote’s collaboration area. This is how you can share individual Notes and entire Notebooks; chat with one or several Evernote users at once.
You can customize the Sidebar, minimize it, or hide it altogether.
To customize your Sidebar, go View > Sidebar Options. You can uncheck any items you don’t want to see on your Sidebar. You also have a choice between the light and dark sidebar options.
If you want to minimize your Sidebar drag the divider between the Sidebar and middle area all the way to the left. You will no longer see your shortcuts. Only the icons of the features you chose to still see on the Sidebar will remain visible.
To hide your Sidebar go View > Hide Sidebar.Login to download
Lesson notes are only available for subscribers.