Subscriber only lesson.
Sign up to this course to view this lesson.
When to use
For time sensitive items, take advantage of Evernote’s reminder feature.
To create and edit reminders use the little alarm icon:
- Click the reminder icon to pin the Note to the top of the Notes (to-do list area) in a given Notebook. It will also activate a little bell “Notification” icon on the Toolbar.
- When you click the reminder icon, a drop down will appear, which will allow you to set a date and time for time-sensitive reminders. Setting date and time will prompt Evernote to notify you about the reminder directly in the app and, if you indicated it in the settings, by email.
To manage email alerts:
- From the Toolbar go to Account > Account Info > Preferences > Reminders (for Mac) or Tools > Options > Reminders (for Windows).
- Under Email reminders, check off “Reminder email” box. It will turn on email alerts.
If you choose to, you can also receive reminders for Notes in shared Notebooks.
To update reminder subscriptions for shared Notebooks, go to Preferences (as per instructions above) and Check off “Show notifications” under specific shared Notebook(s).
Alternatively, you can say “yes” to subscribing to reminders for Notes in shared Notebooks directly in the shared Notebook.
You can open individual Notebooks to see reminders for Notes in that Notebook—at the top of the list of the Notes—sort those reminders, or mark them as complete.
In addition to adding reminders to the existing Notes, you can create reminders directly in the to-do list area. When you “Add a reminder to [Name of the Notebook]” it creates a new Note already with a reminder. You can add a date and time by clicking the alarm icon.
Once you've completed a task associated with a reminder, you can:
- Mark it as done in the to-do list area (top of the Notes in a Notebook) or by clicking the alarm icon. It will cross off the item on your to-do list.
Clear the reminder. It will un-pin the Note from the to-do list area.Login to download
Lesson notes are only available for subscribers.