When to use
If you want to give someone access to the contents of your Notebook you can easily share it.
You can share a Notebook with one or more individuals and, if you’re a Premium Evernote user, grant modification rights to other users.
If you are on Evernote Basic you can share multiple Notebooks, but are able to collaborate on--give modification rights to another user--only one Notebook.
To share a Notebook:
- Click the little arrow next to the Share button in the upper right corner of a Note within the Notebook you wish to share and select Share Notebook from the drop down menu
- Right-click a Note within the Notebook you wish to share on the list in the middle pane and then go More Sharing > Share Notebook
- From the main menu go Note > More Sharing > Share Notebook
- From the Notebooks list (Sidebar > Notebooks) right-click the Notebook and select Share Notebook from the drop down menu
When you share a Notebook, a Work chat window will pop up allowing you to share this Notebook with an existing Evernote user(s). You’ll need to enter the other person’s name or e-mail address. If you’ve chatted with that person before, Evernote will prompt you with matching names. You can also add a message along with your Notebook. When you share your Notebook, don’t forget to select the permission level you want to grant to the user (or list of users).
Once you’ve invited someone to a Shared Notebook, they will receive a notification email with a link to view it. Evernote users that you invite to a Shared Notebook will also have the option to ‘Join’ your Shared Notebook, i.e. make it appear in their Evernote account.
You can also create Public Notebooks by “Publishing” a Notebook, i.e., creating a public link to a notebook that can be posted anywhere, allowing anyone who has access to that link to view your Notebook and ‘Join’ it. When you join a Public Notebook, it is automatically saved to your Evernote account, where you can sync it along with your other notebooks from any device where you have Evernote installed.
To Publish a Notebook:
- Click the little arrow next to the Share button in the upper right corner of the Note within the Notebook you wish to share, select Manage Notebook Permissions from the drop down menu and then go to Publish Notebook
- Right-click a Note within the Notebook you wish to share on the list in the middle pane > More Sharing > Manage Notebook Permissions > Publish Notebook
- From the main menu go Note > More Sharing > Manage Notebook Permissions > Publish Notebook
People who don’t have an Evernote account won’t be able to view the contents of the shared (even published) Notebooks until they create an Evernote account.Login to download
Lesson notes are only available for subscribers.