Subscriber only lesson.
Sign up to this course to view this lesson.
There are four default system databases.
When to use
System databases allow you to tweak system related things.
For the most part, especially while you've just started learning things, you can ignore the system databases.
- The Master Database handles system related things like Logins.
- The Model Database allows you to set initial default database models.
- The MSDB Database handles SQL Server Services.
- The TempDB saves temporary data that you add to a database before committing it.
Hints & tips
- System databases let you tweak system things.
- This is just an overview, as you can mostly ignore them at this point.
Lesson notes are only available for subscribers.