Subscriber only lesson.
Sign up to this course to view this lesson.
About this lesson
The different PowerPoint views allow you to work on different parts of your presentation such as slides, slide thumbnails, text and running your presentation as a slideshow.
Multiple versions of this lesson are available, choose the appropriate version for you:
Download the ‘before’ and ‘after’ PowerPoint presentations from the video tutorial and try the lesson yourself.Exploring PowerPoint’s Views.pptx
1.1 MB Exploring PowerPoint’s Views - Complete.pptx
Using Presentation Views to change the application interface to work on specific content in a presentation.
When to use
To change the application interface of PowerPoint to achieve various tasks.
- On the View tab, in the Presentation Views group, click:
- Normal View to see thumbnails of slides, a large slide editing area and Speaker Notes for that slide, or
- Outline View to work with text, or
- Slide Sorter to organize and manipulate slides, or
- Notes Page to view the slide, combined with Speaker notes, or
- Reading View to view the slide show of your presentation in a window.
As covered in other modules, Master Views help you work with a specific Master – buttons in the Master Views group allow you to access the Slide Master, Handout Master, and the Notes Master.
Presentation View keyboard shortcuts:
Slide Sorter: Alt+W+I
Notes Page: Alt+W+T
Reading View: Alt+W+D
Master View keyboard shortcuts:
Slide Master: Alt+W+M
Handout Master: Alt+W+HLogin to download
Lesson notes are only available for subscribers.