Subscriber only lesson.
Sign up to this course to view this lesson.
About this lesson
Link Slack to other services like Twitter, Google Drive and Trello to help boost productivity.
Download this lesson’s exercise file.Connecting Other Services to Slack - Task.docx
Connecting Other Services to Slack
Connecting your favorite services provides a way to automate your daily activities using Slack, reducing the amount of switching between tools that you may have. Using Slack with other tools creates a workplace to get things done where you can avoid clipping things outside of the app. A range of resources can be connected to Slack, like Trello, Todoist, Asana, and even email are popular services.
Also, Slackbot is great help with your daily handling of Slack.
- Type / and then select the commend you would like to execute
- /shortcuts will show you all the shortcuts in Slack
- /remind will set a reminder for yourself
- /remind @name will set a reminder for someone else in the team
- /apps and then an app name will let you search in the App Directory - you have to be an admin to connect apps with Slack
- You can also find Apps in the bottom left corner menu below Direct Messages
Preferences let you customize your Slack experinence
- Click the downwards arrow next to the work space name
- Choose Preferences
- Select and adjust Notifications, Messages & Media, Sidebar Theme, Mark as read, Accessibility and Advanced settings
When to use
- If you are looking to automate your communication efforts
- If you are aiming to reduce friction between your most popular tools
Hints & tips
- You have a limit of 10 integrations per team freemium account.
Lesson notes are only available for subscribers.