Subscriber only lesson.
Sign up to this course to view this lesson.
About this lesson
How Hours can be used in an everyday work concept to tally time.
Download this lesson’s exercise file.Using Hours Within a Workday - Task.docx
Using Hours Within a Workday
Hours doesn't have to be just for freelancers and clients. You can use it during your workday to track all sessions throughout your day. This can be used for auditing across your week. Whether you are working in a team or for yourself, using Hours provides a way to review where you spend your time.
You can also track time of your personal and social activities to get a very detailed understanding of your time spent.
When to use
- If you are looking to review your time on a regular occasion
- Open Hours Time Tracking
- Begin adding timers against existing time sessions
- Project name
- Restore previously archived timers
- Explore Settings:
- Set reminders to start your timers
- Snapping (rounding up)
- Connecting to Freshbooks accounting software
- and more
- Start timers for the time you spend
- Find 5-10-minutes at the end of the week for a review
- Review the data from the week
- Explore the data to help examine how we do better
Best practices for monthly audit
- Every month, take a week out of your calendar
- This can be a 5-day workweek. This is a good exemplar of time
- Add and log all your activities (even small ones)
- Use the reports function to bring together all your data into 1 PDF
- Spend 20-minutes with this data and analyze
- Analyze the positive and negatives from all the micro-loggings
Hints & tips
- A monthly audit can be a great way to review your time and making sure you are getting paid for all your work
- You can quickly add timers in the iOS notification centre
- You can track a full 24hr day, 7 days a week
Lesson notes are only available for subscribers.