Subscriber only lesson.
Sign up to this course to view this lesson.
About this lesson
Creating new timers and tag systems for each client to track the time spent with each.
Download this lesson’s related exercise files.Tally Your Time for Clients in Hours - Task.docx
204 KB Tally Your Time for Clients in Hours - Solution.docx
Tally Your Time for Clients in Hours
Spending time with clients is a necessity when growing your business or freelance. As a freelancer or business, tracking that time can be difficult and laborious, but with Hours, you have a hub of timers to keep track of each moment spent with your clients. This method can save you time, improve billing and reduce stress and friction between employees/freelancers and clients.
Try these different functions as demonstrated in the video:
- Monthly calendar view (calendar button in the top left)
- Creating a timer (plus button in the bottom right), assigning colour, title, project, client and tasks
- Adding time blcoks to the timeline
- Starting a timer
- Archiving a timer by swiping to the left
- Finding reports in Settings and emailing one
When to use
- When you are exploring methods to tracking time with clients
Hints & tips
- Remember the time tracking tool can be used outside of working with clients too
- You can add as many timers as you want
- You can add several timers per client, e.g. one for each activity
Lesson notes are only available for subscribers.