Subscriber only lesson.
Sign up to this course to view this lesson.
About this lesson
Reduce the number of inboxes you have at a given time to help limit your workload efforts in clearing them out.
Download this lesson’s exercise file.Minimizing Your Inboxes - Task.docx
Minimizing Your Inboxes
Our inboxes fill up rapidly every single day. Minimizing inboxes is an important, hidden tool that they don't teach you in school to help combat inbox overload. Right now your inbox is filling up with important emails, as well as newsletters, social media, other projects, and business, don't let this scare you or even push you to go and check your mailbox, but to inspire you to improve what you can do with your email inbox.
- Have fewer inboxes
- Keeping them clear
Be aware of all your inboxes:
- Social Media like Twitter, Facebook Messenger, Snapchat, etc
- Communication tools like Snapchat, Skype
- Your physical post box
- And even your pockets
- 2-3 times a day
- Schedule at start of the day, before lunch and at the end of the day
- 2-minutes-or-less rule, do anything that can be
When to use
- If you struggle with email overload
- If you've been meaning to sort your email
Hints & tips
- Recommended reading: 'Inbox Zero' by Merlin Mann
- Setting up a good inbox process can be a lifesaver so spend some time adapting your routine
Lesson notes are only available for subscribers.