You have to engage your customers and actively listen to what they are communicating.
When to use
Always listen intently to your customers, so you can understand your customers wants and needs.
You have asked the questions to your customers, so now listen to your customers answers.
- Listen to EXACTLY what the CUSTOMER wants (not what you want) and take notes if necessary.
- When a customer is telling you something write it down, because the order a customer tells you something is generally the order of importance to the customer.
- Repeat back to the customer what they are saying to confirm that you know what the customer wants.
- ACTIVELY listen to what the customer is saying – do not get caught thinking ahead to formulate your response.
- Acknowledge verbally that you are actively listening with, “I understand...” or “Yes...”
Lesson notes are only available for subscribers.