About this lesson
The goals of data visualization and dashboards, what they should do, and what they shouldn't.
There are no related exercise files for this lesson.
What Is A Dashboard?
What is a dashboard and what does it do?
When to use
To clarify the purpose of what you are delivering to your end audience.
- Goals of Data Visualization
- Help turn data into information
- Allow users to quickly spot relevant information or issues
- Engage the user via insightful illustrations
- Key Dashboard facts
- Dashboards are a visual summary of the company’s key metrics
- A dashboard should fit onto one page
- The purpose of a dashboard is quick consumption of the key metrics
- Dashboards are focused on exposing problems, not solutions
Hints & tips
- A good dashboard shows where the business is in and out of control, allowing managers to focus on problem areas, rather than micro-managing things that are working
Lesson notes are only available for subscribers.