Discover how to use a Hyperlinks in a workbook.
When to use
Hyperlinks are a great way to move around a file. If you create a central worksheet with hyperlinks to all of the other worksheets, you are only ever two clicks away from anywhere else in the workbook. They make life very easy for end users and once you know how to construct them, they take mere seconds to insert.
- Insert -> Hyperlinks
- Cell reference (destination cell)
- Displayed text
- Screen Tip
- To insert a Hyperlink which links back to a table of contents:
- Select ‘Place in this Document’
- Ensure you have named the cell that you want to link and select the name from the list
- You can insert a screen tip by selecting the ‘ScreenTip’ button and write a message such as “Go to Table of Contents”
Lesson notes are only available for subscribers.