Subscriber only lesson.
Sign up to this course to view this lesson.
Layout Tips Part 4
Layout tips explained using the CRaFT methodology
When to use
Layout tips can assist in building a financial model in excel which is easy to understand and navigate through
Layout tips and the use of RANDBETWEEN
- To enter random data in cells J15 – N20 the RANDBETWEEN function can be used
- Highlight the group of cells where the data will be placed
- Type the formula =RANDBETWEEN(2,99) – the numbers can be whatever you chose
- Hold CTRL + ENTER to get a random number in each cell that is highlighted
- RANDBETWEEN is known as a volatile function and therefore excel will recalculate the numbers every time you do something elsewhere in the workbook
- Enter the Units in column F i.e. a dollar sign ($)
- Format these labels to be a lighter colour to the data
- This column can also be widened if necessary
Lesson notes are only available for subscribers.