We hope you enjoyed this lesson.
Cool lesson, huh? Share it with your friends
About this lesson
An overview of accessing and using the Google Drive interface. Covers logging in, storage capacity, views, search, sorting and starred items.
The exercises below will open in a new tab. When signed in to your Google account, go to File --> Make a copy to get an editable copy of the file.Google Drive Basic Controls
Link Google Drive Basic Controls Solution
Introduction to Google Drive
Google drive is an online cloud storage system offered for free for all Google account holders. Users are provided with 15 GB (gigabytes) of storage. Google drive can store all kinds of files including audio, video, text, zip and many more.
When to use
You will use Google drive to access your stored files from any computer or device with an internet connection. You should familiarize yourself with the control panel, the display options and the search functions.
- Log in to your Google account.
- Click on the navigation grid (or 'box of boxes')
- Click on Google drive
- Locate the control panel on the left side of the screen
- Locate the display options along the top of the main window.
- Hover your cursor over each of these options to see what it does.
- Locate the search bar at the top of the screen
Login to download
Lesson notes are only available for subscribers.