Subscriber only lesson.
Sign up to this course to view this lesson.
Toolbar Options in Docs
The toolbar is where the most useful and common editing options are located in Google Docs.
When to use
Whenever you need to change text after it’s been written.
- Print - Print the document
- Undo - Undo the last action
- Redo - Undo an undo
- Paint format - Select a text and click this button to copy a format; select another text to apply the format
- Zoom - Zoom in or out of the app
- Styles - Change the default format of headings and subtitles; select a text and click on a style to apply that format
- Font - Change font; click “more fonts” to see more options
- Font size - Change the size of text
- Bold - Make text bold
- Italic - Make text italic
- Underline - Make text underlined
- Text color - Change text color and highlight color
- Insert link - Select a text and click “Insert link;” paste a URL to turn the text into a link
- Add comment - Add notes and conversations about the document without having to edit it
- Left align - Straighten on the left
- Center - Center the text
- Right align - Straighten on the right
- Justify - Straighten on both sides
- Line spacing - Change the distance between lines and add or remove spaces between paragraphs
- Numbered list - Tturn text into a numbered list
- Bulleted list - Turn text into a bulleted list
- Decrease indent - Move text to the left
- Increase indent - Indent text to the right
- Clear formatting - Remove all formatting from selected text
To divide the text into columns:
- Click “Format”
- Choose 2 or 3 columns
Lesson notes are only available for subscribers.