About this lesson
How to track changes for multiple collaborators.
The exercises below will open in a new tab. When signed in to your Google account, go to File --> Make a copy to get an editable copy of the file.Suggesting Mode Solution
Link Suggesting Mode
When turned on, it tracks all changes made by to a document for review.
When to use
Especially useful when collaborating on a document with other people who need to see what changes are being made, and by whom.
- Editing - The default mode; edit documents normally.
- Suggesting - Track all changes made to the document.
- Viewing - View the document without making changes.
Activate suggesting mode
Click on the drop down menu on the right side of the toolbar
- Click on “Suggesting”
- Click “View”
- Click “Mode”
- Click “Suggesting”
- Displays who made the change and when
- Describes the change
- Checkmark (Accept suggestion): turn the suggestion into normal text
- Ex (Reject suggestion): undo the suggestion
- Three dots:
- Delete: undo the suggestion
- Link to this comment: get a link to the comment
- Reply: Reply to the comment
- Note: Anyone who can edit the document can accept or reject changes.
Login to download
Lesson notes are only available for subscribers.