Subscriber only lesson.
Sign up to this course to view this lesson.
About this lesson
How to use stock themes and add, remove and move slides.
Themes and Slides
Google Slides has several simple methods for adding, removing and rearranging slides, as well as easily changing the visual style of the presentation.
When to use
When you want to modify a template or create a new presentation without having to create all of the visuals yourself.
- Click on a slide in the left sidebar
- Hold the “Ctrl” key and click each slide you want to select
- Hold the “Shift” key and click another slide to select all the slides between that one and the first one
- Click the “+” button
- Click the downward arrow next to the “+” button to choose a default layout for the new slide
- Select the slides you want to delete
- Press the “Delete” key
- Right click the slide and click “Delete slide”
- Select the slides you want to move
- Drag the slides to a new location
- Click the “Theme” button on the toolbar to open the theme sidebar
- Click the theme you want to use
- NOTE: It is not possible to change the theme of just one slide in a presentation.
Right click options
- New slide - Add a new slide to this location in the slideshow
- Duplicate slide - Make an identical copy of the selected slide
- Delete slide - Remove the selected slide
- Change background
- Color - Change the color of the background of the selected slide
- Image - Change the background of the selected slide to an image
- Reset to theme - Reset the selected slide to the default background for this theme
- Add to theme - Add this background to all the slides with this theme
- Apply layout - Change the default layout of this slide
- Change theme - Open the theme sidebar
- Change transition - Open the animations sidebar
- Move slide to beginning - Move the slide to the top of the slideshow
- Move slide to end - Move the slide to the bottom of the slideshow
- Comment - Add notes or comments to this slide without editing the slide itself
Lesson notes are only available for subscribers.