Focus video player for keyboard shortcuts
We hope you enjoyed this lesson.
Cool lesson, huh? Share it with your friends
About this lesson
Here we will start to write SQL statements and queries, starting with basic SELECT statements
Download this lesson’s related exercise files.Simple SELECT Statements
58.7 KB Simple SELECT Statements - Solution
Simple SELECT Statements
Select statements are the main structure of SQL
When to use
Anytime you want to use SQL, you'll likely use a Select Statement.
Select statements select data from our database to display.
- To use T-SQL in SSMS, right click on our table in the object explorer, and choose "Select Top 1000 Rows"
- Type in your SQL. To run your SQL Commands, click the Execute button.
- The select statement is the following:
SELECT [COLUMN NAME 1], [COLUMN NAME 2], [COLUMN NAME 3]
FROM [DATABASE NAME], [DATABASE TABLE]
Hints & tips
- To use T-SQL right click on our table in the object explorer, and choose "Select Top 1000 Rows"
- To run your SQL Commands, click the Execute button.
Lesson notes are only available for subscribers.