About this lesson
Now that you know who you are going to contact it is time to begin reaching out to them. In this video you will learn proven techniques for connecting with prospects.
Download this lesson’s related exercise files.Reach Out.docx
55.4 KB Reach Out - Solution.docx
Reach Out To Your Ideal Client List
To connect with your ideal clients, you need to reach out to them through email, phone or mail. Ensure that you have at least 6-8 touches with your ideal client. It takes 6-8 touches before they will know you and see that you are adding value.
When to use
As a sales person, you should always reach out to your ideal clients so they know what you have to offer them
Once you have your ideal client list and you know a little bit about your ideal customer, you need to reach out to those clients. There are a few ways to do this.
- Emailing these clients is the most popular.
- In the email, you can include your CCD (clear, concise description) of what you do, who you help and what you believe.
- Include in the email a follow up time.
- Sending an email is good but follow up with a phone call.
- Clients receive so many emails in a day that sometimes they might not even see the email or they might see it, but other emails take priority.
- Reach out to clients with a personal note.
- A handwritten card or note addressed to the client.
Here is a good sequence of events to ensure that you get your 6-8 touches in.
- Send an email.
- Follow up phone call
- If no response, send another email.
- Another follow up phone call
- If no response, send another email
- Another follow up phone call.
- Send something in the mail.
- If no response, send a final email and state that this is your last email.
- Last follow up call and tell them it your last call.
Lesson notes are only available for subscribers.