About this lesson
Customize the Quick Access Toolbar (QAT) for form and report design.
Download this lesson’s related exercise files.Services_20_Start Customize QAT for Form and Report Design.accdb
1.5 MB Services_20_Customize QAT for Form and Report Design.accdb
Customize QAT for Form and Report Design
QAT stands for Quick Access Toolbar
Quick Access Toolbar
The Quick Access Toolbar is a row of icons that can be displayed above or below the ribbon and is handy for saving time.
QAT Commands for Form and Report Design
There are many icons you can choose. Here are the basic commands that will enable faster design for forms and reports:
- Align Left (object)
- Align Right (object)
- Align Top (object)
- Align Bottom (object)
- Make Horizontal Spacing Equal
- Make Vertical Spacing Equal
- Bring to Front
- Send to Back
Customize the QAT
- To customize the QAT, click the down-arrow at the end of the QAT and choose More Commands.
- When the dialog box comes up, choose All Commands from the left to show all the choices.
- Click on a choice in the right list where you want commands to go under.
- Double-Click the Separator from the top of the list on the left several times (to save time from having to go back to the top and picking it again later).
- Double-click choices on the left to move them to the list on the right underneath the active choice.
Show QAT Below the Ribbon
- So that you have more space for icons on the QAT without running into the Access title bar, choose Show Below the Ribbon.
- You can set this from the drop-down arrow at the end of the QAT
or by checking the box in the lower left when you are customizing the QAT
Lesson notes are only available for subscribers.