Subscriber only lesson.
Sign up to this course to view this lesson.
About this lesson
Define a Running Sum, hide duplicate information and copy formats with the Format Painter.
Download this lesson’s related exercise files.Services_30_Start Running Sum and Hide Duplicates.accdb
1.8 MB Services_30_Running Sum and Hide Duplicates.accdb
Running Sum and Hide Duplicates
Font Italic Property
When you apply italics using the ribbon or , the Font Italic property is set to Yes.
The Format Painter enables you to copy formats.
Hide Duplicates Property
The Hide Duplicates property suppresses values in a control if the value is the same on the current record as the previous value in the same control on the same page.
The Running Sum property for controls sums the value in the Control Source property by group or over all records.
If Running sum is Over Group, the sum will start over again when the group value changes..
Paste a control below another control
- To paste a control below another control, select the control you want to paste
- Cut using (Ctrl-X)
- or Copy using (Ctrl-C)
- Select the control you want to paste under
- Paste using (Ctrl-V)
Use the Format Painter
- To use the Format Painter, select the control you want to copy format from.
- Click Format Painter on the HOME ribbon
- Click on the control you want to paste the format to.
- If you double-click the Format Painter, it will stay enabled, allowing you to click on several controls.
- Press (ESCape) to end the Format Painter mode if you double-clicked to keep the Format Painter enabled.
Define a Running Sum
- To define a control to be a Running Sum, specify a field or expression in the Control Source property.
- Set the Running Sum property on the Data tab to Over Group or Over All.
- If you want to create a running number, use =1 in the control Source.
Select Multiple Controls
- To Select Multiple Controls, Click on the first control
- Shift-click on subsequent controls. Shift-Click toggles the selection status, so if a control is already selected, shift-click will de-select it.
- or Shift-Click and Drag subsequent controls.
Login to download
Lesson notes are only available for subscribers.