Change Sort to Group, Set Default View to Print Preview
Property Sheet for Multiple Selection
When you select multiple controls, the Property Sheet shows the properties that they have in common. If the values are also the same, the property sheet shows them as well. If a property is blank, that means that all the controls have it, but the property values are different or values are not specified.
Font Weight Property
The Font Weight property determines if a control is normal or if the stroke is heavier or lighter.
When you apply bold using the ribbon or , the Font Weight property is set to Bold.
Fore Color Property
The Fore Color property of a control is the color of its text.
Change Sort to Group
- To change sort to group, turn on the Group Sort and Total pane if it is not showing by clicking Group & Sort on the Design ribbon
- Click More on the Sort line
- set "with a header section"
- and/or "with a footer section"
To avoid a group header from being printed on one page and detail on the next, change "do not keep together on one page" to "keep header and first record together on one page". If you do not have much detail, you may wish to choose "keep whole group together on one page".
- To maximize a window, double-click its title bar. You can also click the maximize button in the upper right corner next to X, but the title bar is a bigger target so double-clicking it is quicker.
Change Default View of a Report to Print Preview
- To change the Default View of a report to Print Preview, go to the Design View of the Report.
- Click where the rulers intersect in the upper left to select the report.
- On the Property Sheet (Format tab) for the Report, change the Default View from Report View to Print Preview.
Change Control Type
- To change a control type, right-click on it
- From the shortcut menu, choose Change To
- Pick the control type you want.
Move Controls Using Arrows
- To move controls using the arrow keys, select the control(s) you want to move
- Press the desired arrow keys -- , , ,
Resize Controls Using Arrows
- To resize controls using the arrow keys, select the control(s) you want to resize
- Press Shift and the desired arrow keys -- , , ,
Lesson notes are only available for subscribers.