Subscriber only lesson.
Sign up to this course to view this lesson.
About this lesson
Learn how to hide sections and controls on a report, such as key fields, when you don't want them to show.
Download this lesson’s related exercise files.Services_33_Start Hide Sections and Controls, Key Fields.accdb
1.7 MB Services_33_Hide Sections and Controls, Key Fields.accdb
Hide Sections and Controls, Key Fields
Border Color Property
The Border Color property is the outline of a shape.
Border Style Property
The Border Style property of a control can be Transparent, Solid, Dashes, or Dots.
If the Property Sheet is "stuck" to the edge of the Access Window, it is docked.
If the Property Sheet is in its own window, it is floating.
Key Fields are Primary Keys or Foreign Keys. When added to a report, the Visible property of the control is often set to No. When controls are not visible, it is helpful to change the Fore Color and Back Color properties so they stand out in Design View.
Shape Outline is the command on the Format ribbon to set the Border Color property of a control. If Transparent is chosen, the Border Style property is set to Transparent.
When the Visible property of a section on a report is set to No, none of the controls in the section will display and there will be no space for the section in Print Preview or Report View.
Change Floating Property Sheet to be Docked
- If the Property Sheet is in its own window, double-click the title bar to dock it.
Move Property Sheet
- To move the Property Sheet, drag it by its title bar. If the Property Sheet is docked, it will float.
Resize Property Name Column in the Property Sheet
- To resize the Property Name column in the Property Sheet, move the mouse to the vertical line between the property and the value.
- When the mouse cursor changes to a vertical line and double-headed horizontal arrow, click and drag.
Resize Docked Property Sheet (or Field List)
- To resize a docked Property Sheet (or Field List), move the mouse to the left boundary of the Property Sheet, between the Property Sheet and the design canvas.
- When the mouse cursor changes to a double-headed horizontal arrow, click and drag.
Resize Floating Property Sheet (or Field List)
- To resize a floating Property Sheet (or Field List), move the mouse to the any boundary of the window.
- When the mouse cursor changes to a double-headed resizing arrow, click and drag.
Login to download
Lesson notes are only available for subscribers.