About this lesson
Learn how to recall a message and how to add a button to the ribbon for faster access to this feature.
Download this lesson’s exercise file.Recall a Message.docx
Recall a Message
Recalling a message is simply reversing the send process and stopping the email delivery.
When to use
Sometimes a message has to be pulled back in order to correct details or stop an announcement. This lesson shows you how to quickly get a message back.
Recall a Message:
- Must be clicked onto your Sent folder:
Recall only works on messages that have been “sent”. So first find the folder that contains the email that was sent out, most likely it is in the Sent Mail folder.
- Open the message to be recalled
- Click the “Recall Message” button on the Quick Access bar* (above the ribbon)
- Confirm the settings and click OK
*Tip: To get the button onto the Quick Access bar:
- Open any “sent” email (because the Quick Access options are different depending on the type of email)
- Click the drop down arrow at the end of the Quick Access Bar
- Select: and double click it so it appears on the right side list of options
- Click OK
- You should now see the button added to the Quick Access bar
Lesson notes are only available for subscribers.