About this lesson
Buried behind the Options ribbon are a variety of useful tools, including: Read receipts, Delayed send, and Voting buttons.
Multiple versions of this lesson are available, choose the appropriate version for you:
Download this lesson’s exercise file.Email Options.docx
Email Options are for new messages and include features like: Voting Buttons, Delay Delivery, Expiration, and Delivery/Read Receipts.
When to use
Although these features are useful, they are not well known and are only used occasionally. But they are worth learning so you can be ready when you need them.
Explore the Email Options
- Open a New Email window and click the Options ribbon.
If you’d like to practice, address the email to yourself so you can view the results.
Turn on the BCC (Blind Courtesy Copy) and FROM buttons. These will stay on for future emails unless you specifically turn them off again.
- Click Use Voting Buttons and choose one of the selections or click Custom.
- Enter the custom choices separated by a semi colon ;
- Click CLOSE and you will see a confirmation on your email.
- When the email is sent the recipients will see this:
- And after they make their selection, you will receive an automatic reply with this message:
- Activate the Read & Delivery Receipts.
- Read Receipt.
- Delivery Receipt.
- Save Sent Item To allows you to save to a selected folder.
- Delay Delivery allows you to type emails ahead of time, but have them delivered at your specific time.
Login to download
Lesson notes are only available for subscribers.