About this lesson
Set your preferences and customize the Folder Pane, Reading Pane, and To-Do Bar.
Download this lesson’s exercise file.View Ribbon, Layout Group.docx
View Ribbon, Layout
The Layout features allow you to control how you see your information.
When to use
You will rarely be using the Layout after you have it set up. Use this lesson to set your preferences.
- Click the ribbon and Locate the Layout section
- The Folder Pane is the left side panel that contains your email folders.
- The Reading Pane shows the text of the email to the Right or Bottom of the Inbox list:
- The To-Do Bar is on the right side panel and shows a calendar, contacts, and/or tasks:
- The Message Preview allows a sneak peek into the email contents:
6. With the Reading Pane set to Bottom, you can sort the columns by click the headings:
Lesson notes are only available for subscribers.