Subscriber only lesson.
Sign up to this course to view this lesson.
About this lesson
Never let another important email become visually lost in your inbox. Use Color Coding to make it stand out in a crowded list, and search for related emails.
Multiple versions of this lesson are available, choose the appropriate version for you:
Download this lesson’s exercise file.Search for and Color Code emails.docx
Search for and Color Code Emails
Quickly find or color code specific emails in order to get your work done faster.
When to use
Visually scanning a long inbox can be frustrating. Use these tools make important emails stand out (color coding) or find emails quickly (search box).
1. Above your inbox is a Search area
2. Enter the text or name to find and the computer does the rest of the work.
3. A second search feature is on the Right Mouse button while on a particular email:
Color Code Emails
- Click the ribbon and Locate the View Settings button:
- Select “Conditional Formatting”
- Click “Add”, name the Rule and choose your font style and click OK:
- Click “Condition” or none of this will work!
Type your preferences and click OK to finish the process:
The results should immediately appear in your inbox:Login to download
Lesson notes are only available for subscribers.