Subscriber only lesson.
Sign up to this course to view this lesson.
About this lesson
When you find yourself searching for an appointment or an open date, changing the Calendar view will help zoom into details or view a month at a glance.
Multiple versions of this lesson are available, choose the appropriate version for you:
Download this lesson’s exercise file.Calendar Views.docx
Allows you change your calendar to the best view to make your decisions. It is very common to click through the various calendar views.
When to use
When you find yourself searching for an appointment or an open date, changing the view will help zoom into details or give a month at a glance.
- On the Calendar screen, on the Home ribbon.
- Locate and click through the Arrange section options, observe the changes.
- The Folder Pane calendar allows you to click and drag a specific date range to display on your calendar screen.
- The current date is highlighted and bold dates represent appointments.
- On the Monthly Calendar Screen, the current date has a bold line to identify today’s date
- Line marker for current time, on the Week Calendar view.
View multiple calendars simultaneously
- On the Folder list, click the calendars to view.
- Switching to the Day view will position the calendars side-by-side.
- Click the arrows to 'overlay' the calendars.
- Switching to the Schedule View will stack the calendars horizontally.
Weather feature on the calendar
- Click the arrow beside Washington, DC, and select Add Location.
- To remove a city from the weather list, click the drop down arrow and click the X beside the city name.
Login to download
Lesson notes are only available for subscribers.