About this lesson
Use these scheduling tools to schedule appointments, meetings and events and make it easy for others to confirm their attendance.
Multiple versions of this lesson are available, choose the appropriate version for you:
Download this lesson’s exercise file.Appointments, Meetings and Events.docx
Appointments, Meetings, Events
These are all Calendar items; the difference is if other people or resources are invited or not.
When to use
Appointments are place holder items on your calendar. Meetings include invitations to co-workers or individuals who need to attend. An event displays above the calendar to mark an important day that may still be used for appointments and meetings.
To schedule appointments
- Click and drag a time increment on your calendar.
- Type the name of the appointment and press enter.
To schedule meetings
- Click an existing appointment and notice the Calendar Tools ribbon.
- Select Invite Attendees.
- An email template appears; fill in the To: line, the Location line, and click Send.
- Recipients will receive an email with a Calendar icon; they will click to Accept or Decline the meeting.
- When a meeting is scheduled, a new ribbon called Calendar Meeting appears and includes a Tracking button and a Cancel Meeting button.
- The Tracking button provides details about who responded to the meeting request.
- If a meeting is Cancelled, the meeting attendees will receive a cancellation email.
To schedule events
- Click above the calendar schedule area and type the name of any event.
- In the case of a birthday or repeating event, you can make it “Recurring”.
Login to download
Lesson notes are only available for subscribers.