About this lesson
Previously known as Distribution lists, a Contact Group is one contact record that contains multiple people.
Multiple versions of this lesson are available, choose the appropriate version for you:
Download this lesson’s exercise file.Contact Groups aka Distribution Lists
Contact Groups aka Distribution Lists
A Contact Group is one contact record that contains multiple people.
When to use
If you find yourself redundantly adding the same people to an email, create a Contact Group once and for all. Then just add that “group” to the email; it saves time and frustration.
Open your contacts view by clicking the People button:
- Click New Contact Group
- Name the Group and click “Add Members”:
- Select and Double Click the names to be added to the Group:
- If you need to Remove someone, open the Group and select “Remove Member”
- If a member’s individual contact info has changed, you must go back into the Group file and click “Update Now”. The groups do not auto-update.
- When the new Group Contact is created, Right Click it for options to use it, i.e. Create an Email or Meeting:
- When using a Group Contact in an email, the To: line displays like this:
Click the plus sign “+” beside it will open up the names to be viewable by all who receive the email.
- To Delete a Contact Group,
- Click the Contact Group card and press delete, OR
- Open the Contact Group card and click Delete Group
- In a new email, click the To: line and notice the icon beside the Contact Group compared to the individual Contact files:
Lesson notes are only available for subscribers.