Subscriber only lesson.
Sign up to this course to view this lesson.
About this lesson
How you view your contact data will help you get to the information you need and make decisions faster.
Multiple versions of this lesson are available, choose the appropriate version for you:
Download this lesson’s exercise file.Contact Views.docx
How you View or “see” your contact data will help you get to the information and make decisions faster.
When to use
It is normal to change your contact view depending on the project you are working on. A person makes the best use of tools that they are familiar with. So become familiar with the View options and you will become a better information manager.
Click through the View options:
- Home ribbon, Current View
Note: The same list is located on the View ribbon, Change View
- Specific features of views
- Right click the divider lines for new options.
- Also click and drag the divider lines to shrink or widen the column width.
PHONE and LIST views:
- Reorganize the column headers with a click and drag
- Remove a column header by pulling it off the view
- Add a Column by click View, “Add Columns”
- Sort by any of the headers by clicking the header once, then click again for a Reverse sort or click View, Reverse Sort:
Lesson notes are only available for subscribers.