Subscriber only lesson.
Sign up to this course to view this lesson.
About this lesson
Tasks can be assigned to an assistant or co-worker via email, and an automated response keeps you updated on the status. Also change the view with a simple click.
Multiple versions of this lesson are available, choose the appropriate version for you:
Download this lesson’s exercise file.Assign Tasks, Change View.docx
Assign Tasks, Change View
Tasks can be assigned to an assistant or co-worker via email, and an automated response keeps you updated to the status.
When to use
An assigned task is an automated feature of pure electronic communication. It begins with an email assignment, acceptance by the other person, and then an automated notification process updating you of the status.
- Create a new task and click Assign Task.
- The task screen becomes an email. Enter an email address and then click Send.
- The task arrives in the recipient’s inbox with a task icon.
- They will either Accept or Decline the task.
Change the view of the task window
- In the task view, choose View ribbon, click Change View.
- Choose from one of the many available views to find your preferred setting.
Lesson notes are only available for subscribers.