About this lesson
Viewing Tasks in other Outlook windows is easily customized with the To-Do Bar.
Multiple versions of this lesson are available, choose the appropriate version for you:
Download this lesson’s exercise file.View and Filter Task To-Do Pane.docx
View and Filter Task To-Do Pane
Viewing Tasks in other Outlook windows is easily customizable with a few setting changes.
When to use
Viewing tasks alongside Email and Calendar can be customized to best fit your own preferences. Follow these setup ideas and pick the ones that work best for you.
Instructions to view Task To-Do Pane:
- In the Email view, choose “View” Ribbon ,
click “To-Do Bar” and click Tasks
- A faster alternative is at the bottom of the Folder Pane using the “Peek Pane”
- Float mouse over the Task button, the Peek Pane appears,
- Click upper right corner: “Dock the Peek”
- In the Calendar view,
Viewing the Task Pane to the right of the calendar will squish your Calendar View. Instead you can view the tasks at the bottom border of the Calendar:
- Click on Calendar, click View , click “Daily Task List’
- Choose Normal and the tasks show under the calendar:
Instructions to Sort the To-Do Pane
- By clicking “Arrange By:” at the top of the To-Do Pane, choose a Sort option:
- By clicking “Arrange By: Folder”, it will separate Tasks from Inbox (flagged emails)
- Remove the Grouping feature by unchecking “Show in Groups”
Instructions to Remove flagged emails from the To-Do Pane
- Right click “Arrange By:” at the top of the To-Do Pane
- choose View Settings
- click Filter:
- click Advanced tab at top:
- click Field
click “All Mail Fields”
click “Message Class”
- In the Value cell, type “Task” and click “Add to List”
- Click OK, OK, and observe your To-Do Pane. It should only have the Task folder and no longer the INBOX folder or flagged emails:
Lesson notes are only available for subscribers.