About this lesson
Understanding the screen layout is paramount to mastering this program. This lesson gives a concise tour of the scratch area, rulers, ribbons, and status bar tools.
Multiple versions of this lesson are available, choose the appropriate version for you:
Download this lesson’s exercise file.Publisher Screen Overview
Microsoft Publisher Screen Overview
Understanding the screen layout is paramount to mastering this program.
When to use
Every time you use Publisher, be aware of the small details of information tucked into the screen layout. In future lessons, you will focus on specific areas.
Follow along with the video for an introduction to the Publisher screen elements. These include:
- The Quick Access Toolbar (QAT) - add commands for easy access.
- Ribbons - File, Home, Insert, Page Design, Mailings, Review, View.
- Help, Minimize, Maximize, and Close buttons.
- Status Bar - Page Count, Page Layout, and Zoom Controls.
Take the time to open your Microsoft Publisher program and click the View ribbon.
- Turn on the Boundaries, Guides, Rulers, Page Navigation and Scratch area buttons.
Login to download
Lesson notes are only available for subscribers.