About this lesson
Instead of starting from scratch, discover the pre-made templates that are available and easily customized.
Multiple versions of this lesson are available, choose the appropriate version for you:
Download this lesson’s exercise file.File Ribbon - New.docx
File – New
Easily find pre-designed templates in MS Publisher.
When to use
Rather than designing your own publications from scratch, let MS Publisher help you with the catalogue of pre-designed templates. This is a time-saving feature that you have access to free-of-charge and with no copyright infringement (because you paid for the MS Publisher program on your computer.)
1. Click the FILE ribbon, , then click NEW,
The Search box appears at the top of the screen.
2. In the Search box, type the topic to find: “brochure” or “newsletter’”
Notice all instances of that topic are displayed
3. To open a template, double click it.
4. To pin it to the top for future use, click the tiny push pin on the corner of the thumbnail image.
5. Edit the document as necessary, save and print.Login to download
Lesson notes are only available for subscribers.