About this lesson
Be aware of the options under the File ribbon and design with your end product in mind.
Multiple versions of this lesson are available, choose the appropriate version for you:
Download this lesson’s exercise file.File Ribbon - Other Features.docx
File Ribbon – Other Features
The File ribbon has many options when you are beginning or finalizing a publication.
When to use
You will go to File often to Open, Close, Save, or Print any publication.
Use the various tools under File to save time later:
- Click File, Open and find a publication in the list that you use regularly.
- Click the pushpin on the right side of the file name to pin the publication to the top of the list.
- A similar feature is found under File, Save As, This PC. You can pin a common folder to the top of this list.
- Click File, Share to view the settings for emailing a document and possibly changing the file type to a .pdf (Portable Document File – much smaller file size, but looks just as good.)
- File, Export gives options to save and send in the proper format for commercial print companies.
- F ile, Options give you customizing opportunities, but overall it’s best to leave these settings alone until you become an advanced user.
Lesson notes are only available for subscribers.