About this lesson
Be aware of the options other than printing and design with your end product in mind.
Download this lesson’s exercise file.File Ribbon - Other Features.docx
File Ribbon – Other
The “File Ribbon” has many options when you are beginning or finalizing a publication.
When to use
You will go to FILE often to Open, Close, Save, or Print any publication.
Use the various tools under File to save time later:
- Click File, Open and find a publication in the list that you use regularly.
- Click the pushpin on the right side of the file name to pin the publication to the top of the list:
- A similar feature is found under File, Save As, “This PC”. You can pin a common folder to the top of this list.
- Click File, Share to view the settings for emailing a document and possibly changing the file type to a .pdf (Portable Document File – much smaller file size, but looks just as good.)
- File, Export gives options to save and send in the proper format for commercial print companies:
- File, Options give you customizing opportunities, but overall it’s best to leave these settings alone until you become an advanced user.
Lesson notes are only available for subscribers.