Subscriber only lesson.
Sign up to this course to view this lesson.
About this lesson
Align pictures precisely on the page.
Multiple versions of this lesson are available, choose the appropriate version for you:
Pictures - Align
Align pictures precisely on the page with the Align tool.
When to use
Use the Align tool to place a picture exactly center, top, bottom, or many other options.
- Begin by opening a blank publication.
- Click the Insert ribbon and click Pictures.
- Choose any 3 pictures in your files or use the accompanying pictures with this video lesson.
- Notice the pictures drop alongside the publication into the Scratch area.
- Ultimately, picture placement is your control. If no picture placeholder is used, Publisher inserts to the Scratch area.
- Move the pictures (click and drag) individually or as one unit onto the publication page.
- Align the pictures individually or as one unit by using the Align button.
- Use Ctrl + click to select all the pictures. Click the Picture Tools ribbon, click the Align tool.
- If the list is grayed out (meaning not available to choose), make sure the bottom option is selected Relative to Margin Guides.
- Practice using each Alignment option pictured above on the Align tools list:
Align Left Align Center Align Right Align Top Distribute Align Middle Vertically
- Ctrl + scroll to zoom in is faster than pointing to the bottom right zoom controls. Zoom in or out quickly by holding down Ctrl and scroll with your mouse wheel.
- To un-do anything, simply press Ctrl + Z, or click the un-do button on the Quick Access Toolbar.
- Ctrl + A to select all pictures, text, and other elements on a publication.
- Click and drag a lasso around the pictures to select them all.
- Ctrl + click each picture to select certain pics to align simultaneously.
Lesson notes are only available for subscribers.