About this lesson
Align pictures precisely on the page.
Multiple versions of this lesson are available, choose the appropriate version for you:
Pictures - Align
Align pictures precisely on the page with the Align tool.
When to use
Use the Align tool to place a picture exactly center, top, bottom, or many other options.
- Begin by opening a blank publication.
- Click the Insert ribbon and click Pictures.
- Choose any 3 pictures in your files or use the accompanying pictures with this video lesson.
- Notice the pictures drop alongside the publication into the Scratch area.
- Ultimately, picture placement is your control. If no picture placeholder is used, Publisher inserts to the Scratch area.
- Move the pictures (click and drag) individually or as one unit onto the publication page.
- Align the pictures individually or as one unit by using the Align button.
- Use Ctrl + click to select all the pictures. Click the Picture Tools ribbon, click the Align tool.
- If the list is grayed out (meaning not available to choose), make sure the bottom option is selected Relative to Margin Guides.
- Practice using each Alignment option pictured above on the Align tools list:
Align Left Align Center Align Right Align Top Distribute Align Middle Vertically
- Ctrl + scroll to zoom in is faster than pointing to the bottom right zoom controls. Zoom in or out quickly by holding down Ctrl and scroll with your mouse wheel.
- To un-do anything, simply press Ctrl + Z, or click the un-do button on the Quick Access Toolbar.
- Ctrl + A to select all pictures, text, and other elements on a publication.
- Click and drag a lasso around the pictures to select them all.
- Ctrl + click each picture to select certain pics to align simultaneously.
Lesson notes are only available for subscribers.