About this lesson
Creative Commons License is a copyright-free picture license.
Multiple versions of this lesson are available, choose the appropriate version for you:
Download this lesson’s exercise file.Pictures - Find online, Copyright free.docx
Pictures - Find online, Copyright free
Pictures with the Creative Commons License are free to use in your personal or professional marketing publications.
When to use
If you do not have your own original photo to use, you do not want to be accused of infringing on someone else’s photo ownership. Find images online with the Creative Commons License, which makes the picture available for your use.
- On any publication page, Insert a Picture Placeholder.
- Resize the Placeholder if necessary and click the center icon to access the Bing Image Search.
- Type your Search phrase and press Enter, i.e.: Blue Flower Notice the top of the search box shows a “CC Only” button which filters the results for “Creative Commons” licensed photos and cliparts.
- Select your choice and click Insert on the bottom right
- If you want a wider selection, go to Bing.com online, click Images,
Type your Search phrase and press Enter, i.e.: Blue Flower
- Click the LICENSE button and choose “Free to share and use commercially” or any other selection – except for ALL which includes copyright protected images.
To save an online “Copyright free” image to your computer:
- Right click the image
- Select “Save Picture As”
- Find a location in your computer files
- Click SAVE
Lesson notes are only available for subscribers.