Subscriber only lesson.
Sign up to this course to view this lesson.
About this lesson
Master Page Content that appears in the background of every page, like logos or page numbers.
Multiple versions of this lesson are available, choose the appropriate version for you:
Download this lesson’s related exercise files.Page Design - Header Footer.pub
100.5 KB Page Design - Header Footer - Solution.pub
106.5 KB Page Design - Header Footer.PNG
Page Design - Header Footer
Headers and Footers are located in the margin areas at the top and bottom of a page.
When to use
When you need to add page numbers or logos that will appear on every page of a publication, use the Header / Footer tools.
- Insert Ribbon.
- Header/Footer: a text box appears at the top edge and the background turns yellow.
- You also have a new ribbon called Master Page.
The Master Page is the background layer of the publication layout that contains the header/footer, page numbers, margins, etc. If you had text on your publication, it will appear to be gone on the Master Page view. Don’t panic! It is still there, just click Close Master Page.
While the Header section is open, and Master Page ribbon is open, you can place a company logo into the header.
- Click the Insert Ribbon.
- Click Pictures.
- Find a picture or use the one included in the lesson files.
- Click back into the Header section (so you have to click off of the picture and into the background area), then switch to the Footer section.
- Insert a Page Number into the Footer section.
- Insert the current Date and Time into the Footer section.
- To view the results of your Header/Footer along with the original text, Close the Master Page:
Add a second page to make sure the Header/Footer repeat properly
- Insert Ribbon.
- Click Page, Insert Blank Page.
Login to download
Lesson notes are only available for subscribers.