Subscriber only lesson.
Sign up to this course to view this lesson.
About this lesson
Two methods to adding a picture inside of a shape.
Download this lesson’s exercise file.Shapes with Pictures.docx
Shapes with Pictures
Insert a shape and fill it with a Picture.
When to use
A creative use of shapes and design when using pictures and shapes together.
Instructions, Method #1: Start with a shape and fill with a picture
- Click the Insert Ribbon and click the Shapes button
- Click the Triangle shape and click into the blank publication and a perfect triangle appears:
- Notice the Drawing Tools Ribbon at the top of the screen, choose the Fill Color button:
Fill Color, then choose Picture:
- Browse to your picture files and choose a picture:
- Move the yellow diamond tool to adjust the way the shape displays the picture:
Instructions, Method #2: Start with a picture and apply a shape
- Click the Insert Ribbon , click Pictures and choose one:
- The picture comes into your publication page and the Picture Tools Ribbon appears:
- Click the drop down arrow on the Crop Tool and choose “Crop to Shape”: , then choose the Triangle shape.
- Notice the full picture remains in view and you can click and drag the picture to change what portion displays inside the shape:
You can even enlarge the picture to help it fit:
- When you click off the shape, the background picture will no longer be available to move around. To reactivate it, simply click the CROP tool again and adjust the picture.
Lesson notes are only available for subscribers.