About this lesson
Edit exactly how text wraps “through” your shape or picture.
Multiple versions of this lesson are available, choose the appropriate version for you:
Download this lesson’s related exercise files.Shapes - Edit Wrap Points.pub
104 KB Shapes - Edit Wrap Points - Solution.pub
Shapes - Edit Wrap Points
Adjust text wrapping points around shapes and pictures.
When to use
When you want text to show through specific areas of a shape or picture, rather than just wrapping around the outer perimeter.
To wrap the text into the background of the flower, but not into the blossoms and buds. Begin by first dragging the picture over the top of the textbox.
- The text box must be Sent Backward in order to force text to wrap around the shape or picture.
- The Wrap Text on the shape or picture should be set to Tight and wrap points must be edited. Choose Edit Wrap Points.
- The Picture must be set to Transparency.
- Right-click the picture, Format Picture, set Transparency to 50%.
- A review and comparison of how Send Backward affects text wrapping.
Text box placed over a shape.
Shape: no wrap applied.
Text box Send Backward.
Shape: wrap text: Square.Login to download
Lesson notes are only available for subscribers.