About this lesson
Regardless of where your text is placed, formatting tools are in one location.
Multiple versions of this lesson are available, choose the appropriate version for you:
Download this lesson’s exercise file.Ribbon - Home.docx
Ribbon - Home
The main Font Formatting tools are located on the HOME ribbon.
When to use
Every time you use Publisher 2016, you will be using text and font formatting tools.
Begin by opening the corresponding Exercise File with this lesson, or to go File, New and find the “Business Newsletter” called Trader News. Use Page 1 for this lesson.
Follow along with the video for an introduction to the Publisher HOME ribbon. This includes:
- CLIPBOARD – Cut, Copy, Paste and the FORMAT PAINTER tool
- FONTS – including SuperScript, SubScript, ClearAll, Character Spacing, Change Case
- PARAGRAPH tools – Bullets, Numbering, Indents, Columns, Line Spacing
- Double click any word to select that word (faster than click and drag over the letters)
- Triple click any word to select a paragraph (faster that click and drag over a paragraph)
Lesson notes are only available for subscribers.