About this lesson
Create a picture from a Publisher file in order to send a full-color marketing flyer via email.
Multiple versions of this lesson are available, choose the appropriate version for you:
Download this lesson’s related exercise files.Creative Ideas - Create Picture Files.pub
252 KB Creative Ideas - Create Picture Files - Solution.pub
Creative Ideas - Create Picture files
Create a picture from a Publisher file in order to send it in the viewable portion, or body, of an email.
When to use
Marketing campaigns often include full color emails. This is a method to design your custom flyer and then email to multiple people with no cumbersome attachments.
Begin by opening the corresponding Exercise File with this lesson, or to go File, New and find any “Thank You” postcard.
Follow along with the video and make the design changes below:
1. Change the page size to 5 x 3:
Page Design , Size ,
2. View , Master Page and delete the 2nd set of “Thank you” artwork;
3. Reposition the remaining “Thank you” artwork over the page (or cut it and close Master View, then paste the artwork onto the main design page)
Make sure to Close Master Page to finish the project.
4. File , Save As , click Browse , choose .JPG format , and name the picture “Thank You Card”
5. Now open your email program and click “New Email”. Click into the body of the email (where you would type the message) and click “Insert”, “Picture”, find the Thank You Card.jpg that you just saved.
Things to know about emails and file types:
- Not everyone has MS Publisher, so may not be able to open a .PUB attachment
- Everyone can open a .PDF, but it has to travel as an attachment
- The ideal way to get your message in front of an email recipient is to put a photo in the email itself; not as an attachment.
- To do this, save a Publisher file as a photo file type: .JPG .PNG .TIF
- FYI: The size of the paper will be the size of the photo
Lesson notes are only available for subscribers.