About this lesson
Let's take a look at the various keyboard shortcuts you can use to perform functions within Visio.
Download this lesson’s related exercise files.1.02 1.03 keyboard-shortcuts-for-navigating-the-drawing-window - exercise.docx
62.4 KB 1.02 Sample File.vsdx
58.7 KB 1.02 keyboard-shortcuts-reference.docx
Keyboard Shortcuts for Navigating the Drawing Window
- F1 - Open the Help window
- F3 - Open the Format Shape task pane
- F5 - Enter the full-screen view
- Ctrl+1 - Select the Pointer Tool
- Ctrl+2 - Select the text tool
- Ctrl+3 - Select the Connector tool
- Ctrl+4 - Select the Pencil Tool
- Ctrl+5 - Select the Freeform Tool
- Ctrl+6 - Select the Line Tool
- Ctrl+7 - Select the Arc Tool
- Ctrl+8 - Select the Rectangle Tool
- Ctrl+9 - Select the Ellipse Tool
- Alt+F6 - Zoom in
- Alt+Shift+F6 - Zoom out
Move your mouse to different icons on the Quick Access Toolbar and the Ribbon, and if the icon has a keyboard shortcut, it will show in the description of the icon.
Press the ALT key on the bottom row of your keyboard to activate the access keys, which basically gives you a keyboard shortcut for every possible menu item.
For a complete list, visit Keyboard Shortcuts for Visio.Login to download
Lesson notes are only available for subscribers.