Learn the importance of the features included in Proofing Tools: spelling and grammar check, finding a better word, or counting the total words in a document.
When to use
It is very important to proofread your document before it leaves your computer. Misspellings and grammatical errors are viewed as unprofessional.
Spelling and Grammar check
- Right Click any word with a red or blue underline and make your selections
- OR, click the Review Ribbon,
- A right-hand Editor pane appears and provides more options.
- When “Spelling” is activated, one feature is the “speaker” icon to listen to the pronunciation of a word.
- Click the Review Ribbon, then Thesaurus
- Click the word you would like to replace
- Click the Thesaurus button (or press Shift + F7)
- The Thesaurus pane appears on the right side of the screen.
- Choose the arrow by the new word and click Insert.
- If you need a count of the total words in your document, click the Review Ribbon, then Word Count
Lesson notes are only available for subscribers.