Subscriber only lesson.
Sign up to this course to view this lesson.
About this lesson
Learn to use the Reveal Formatting pane to look beyond surface formatting.
Multiple versions of this lesson are available, choose the appropriate version for you:
Download the Word document used in the video tutorial and try the lesson yourself.Reveal Formatting.docx
Learn to use the reveal formatting pane to look beyond surface formatting.
When to use
Digging deeper into document formatting can be done with the Reveal Formatting pane. Occasionally, you just need to know “why” something looks different inside a document.
View the Reveal Formatting Pane: Shift F1
- Click the links in the pane to open the corresponding dialogue boxes in order to make changes to the format.
- At the bottom of the pane, click the “Distinguish Style Source” so that you can match the format to the corresponding style in the Styles Gallery.
Add the Reveal Formatting button to the Quick Access bar
- Click the Quick Access drop down arrow at end and choose More Commands.
- At the top of the next box, instead of Popular Commands, choose All Commands.
- Scroll to find “Reveal Formatting” and double click to add to the panel on the right. Click OK.
Lesson notes are only available for subscribers.