About this lesson
Learn how to spellcheck, find a better word, or count the total words in a document.
Multiple versions of this lesson are available, choose the appropriate version for you:
Download the Word document used in the video tutorial and try the lesson yourself.Proofing.docx
Learn the importance of the features included in spellcheck, find a better word, or count the total words in a document.
When to use
It is very important to proofread your document before it leaves your computer. Misspellings and grammatical errors are viewed as unprofessional.
Spelling and grammar check
- Right-click any word with a red or blue underline and make your selections.
- OR click the Review Ribbon, Check Document.
- A right-hand Editor pane appears and provides a few more options.
- One feature is the “speaker” to listen to the pronunciation of a word.
- Click the Review Ribbon, Thesaurus.
- Click the word you would like to replace.
- Click the Thesaurus button (or press Shift + F7.)
- The Thesaurus pane appears on the right side of the screen.
- Choose the arrow by the new word and click Insert.
- If you need a count of total words in your document, click the Review Ribbon and Word Count.
Login to download
Lesson notes are only available for subscribers.