Subscriber only lesson.
Sign up to this course to view this lesson.
About this lesson
Translate an existing document or set the Word program to use a different language.
Multiple versions of this lesson are available, choose the appropriate version for you:
Language and Translation
Discover how you can customize Word to use a different language for the document text, display, and help text. Also translate an entire document or just one word.
When to use
If you work with non-English speaking customers or co-workers, translating documents may be a benefit for you.
If you do not speak English as a first language, you may want to fully customize Word to display in a language of your choice.
- Right Click any word and choose “Translate” on the list.
- OR, select a paragraph or sentence,
click the Review Ribbon, , click Translate
choose “Translate Selected Text”
- To Translate an entire document,
Click Review ribbon, Translate, and choose Translate Document
Set Language Preferences
- Click the Review Ribbon, , Language
- Choose the Editing Language, Display and Help Languages and Screen Tip Language
Lesson notes are only available for subscribers.