About this lesson
Translate an existing document or set the Word program to use a different language.
Multiple versions of this lesson are available, choose the appropriate version for you:
Download the Word document used in the video tutorial and try the lesson yourself.Language and Translation.docx
Language and Translation
Discover how you can customize Word to use a different language for the document text, display, and help text. Also translate an entire document or just one word.
When to use
If you work with non-English speaking customers or co-workers, translating documents may be a benefit for you.
If you do not speak English as a first language, you may want to fully customize Word to display in a language of your choice.
- Right-click any word and choose Translate on the list.
- OR select a paragraph or sentence, click the Review Ribbon, click Translate, choose Translate Selection.
- To translate an entire document, click Review ribbon, Translate, and choose Translate document.
Set Language Preferences
- Click the Review Ribbon, Language.
- Choose the Editing Language, Display and Help Languages and Screen Tip Language.
Login to download
Lesson notes are only available for subscribers.