About this lesson
Learn to place notes in the margins of a document and control those notes.
Multiple versions of this lesson are available, choose the appropriate version for you:
Download the Word document used in the video tutorial and try the lesson yourself.Comments.docx
Side-margin comments/notes within a document for review by others.
When to use
Teachers correcting papers, Book editors, Legal offices, corporate internal documents.
Review Ribbon, Comments Group.
- Click any word, phrase or paragraph and choose New Comment on the Review ribbon.
- Type the note into the callout window.
- A small callout box appears in the margin of the document.
- Use the Comments tools to Delete a comments, or skip to Previous or Next comments.
- Click the Show Comments button to view all comments on a side panel next to your document.
Lesson notes are only available for subscribers.